BICYCLE TOUR OF KEY WEST
nähtävyyksien katselu, Kulttuurinen
A bicycle tour to discover Key West and its main sights following in the footsteps of some of its most illustrious inhabitants such as the songwriter Jimmy Buffet, Nobel-prize winner Ernest Hemingway and President Truman. A delicious slice of cake is the perfect end of our tour.
What we will see
- Jimmy Buffett haunts and Pier House
- Sloppy Joe's Bar
- Hemingway house-museum
- Little White House
- Southernmost Point
- Key West cemetery
- Lime cake tasting session
What we will do
- Together with our guide, we get on our bicycles and pedal around Key West without a care in the world. All effort is banned from our excursion, as the city reaches a maximum height above sea level of 5 metres!
- We retrace the steps of songwriter Jimmy Buffet as we ride past his famous restaurant Margaritaville and stop by some of his favourite haunts such as the Pier House hotel where he performed in public for the first time and the inspiration for one of his most famous songs.
- We continue towards Sloppy Joe's Bar, Ernest Hemingway's favourite and a true institution in Key West.
- We then ride by the Ernest Hemingway house-museum, the colonial house where the great writer lived for many years, and by the Little White House, the winter residence of President Truman who drew up significant projects such as the Marshall Plan precisely in this place.
- We reach Southernmost Point where there is a colourful buoy-shaped concrete pylon that marks the southernmost tip of the continental United States and take the opportunity to snap a few pictures.
- Finally, we visit the Key West cemetery, resting place of many of the most picturesque characters on the island who chose unique epitaphs. We cannot help but smile as we read: “At least I know where he's sleeping tonight” and “I told you I was sick”!
- We end the excursion with a tasty slice of the famous Key West lime pie, the perfect way to round off this fun two-wheeled tour.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.
- Minimum age: 11 years.
- Maximum weight: 125 kg
- It is compulsory to use the safety helmet provided with the bicycle.