BETWEEN THE WALLS OF THE CORINTH CANAL
nähtävyyksien katselu, Drink included
We must not miss this unique opportunity to sail through one of the world's most stunning canals: the Corinth Canal.
What we will see
- Corinth Canal
- Sailing through the canal
What we will do
- We set off from the port of Piraeus for the village of Isthmia, where our exciting excursion begins. We sail through the Corinth Canal: 6 kilometres long, 23 metres wide and 8 metres deep, the canal is flanked by embankments that reach 80 metres in height.
- The idea of building a canal to cut across the isthmus linking the Ionian and Aegean seas dates back to Roman times, but work was not begun until 1881.
- As we sip a refreshing drink, we make our way between the steep, narrow walls of the canal and admire this truly sensational sight.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.