SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF EDINBURGH
We will explore Edinburgh from the comfort of our coach and see the numerous parts of Scotland's historic capital which have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What we will see
- Old Town
- Royal Mile
- Holyrood Palace
- Royal Park
- Princess Street and Scott Monument
- New Town
- Arthur's Seat
What we will do
- We will leave the port by coach and after a short journey, we will reach the city of Edinburgh, which stands out in the distance with its picturesque skyline, nestled into a series of dormant volcanoes and rocky cliffs.
- We will cross the Old Town with its medieval origins and maze of cobbled streets, winding lanes and long roads, which will offer us the chance to admire historic monuments and charming views.
- Then, our coach will take us to the Royal Mile, the most famous road in the centre which is overlooked by grand period buildings, shops selling typical local products and old pubs. We will admire the splendid architecture and soak up the Gothic atmosphere.
- At the eastern end of the Royal Mile, we will pass Holyrood Palace, which has been the main residence of the sovereigns of Scotland since the 16th century. We will then move onto the royal park, a truly wild, natural spot with a series of hills, lakes, valleys, rocky ridges and patches of broom.
- Then we will make our way to Princess Street, the famous shopping street that is home to the imposing Scott Monument and its elegant gardens.
- The city also boasts an unrivalled number of art galleries and museums to match its dense population, many of which we will see as we drive past.
- Next, we will travel to the New Town, as it was named at the time of its construction in the 18th century. That period really made its mark here with Georgian architecture inspired by the exponents of Neoclassicism.
- At the end of our sightseeing tour, we will travel up to Arthur's Seat, the top of the highest volcanic cone in Edinburgh, which boasts beautiful views of the city, before we return to the ship.
What you need to know
Please note: Space is limited, so please book early.