VISIT TO THE FLOR OG FJÆRE GARDEN
nähtävyyksien katselu, Kulttuurinen
A lovely, relaxing excursion to the island of Sør Hidle where we will visit Flor og Fjære, the most northern palm tree garden in the world, to take in the scents and colours of the tropical plants at high latitudes!
What we will see
- Island of Sør Hidle and the Flor og Fjære garden: tropical palm trees, bamboo and banana trees
What we will do
- We will cross the picturesque Gandsfjord, dotted with various charming islands until we arrive at the port on the private island of Sør Hidle, where we will enjoy a pleasant stroll through the Flor og Fjære garden.
- The garden is located in a protected spot that makes it tranquil and serene, with an abundance of colourful flowers and a stunning view of the sea. Before having some free time to explore at our own pace, we will visit the gardens accompanied by an expert guide that will show us the most northern exotic garden in the world with tropical palm trees, bamboo and banana trees, and provide interesting information.
- This will give us the chance to experience the scent of the fruit trees and tropical flowers, whilst at the same time admiring the imposing mountains and deep fjords that stand out on the horizon.
What you need to know
- The garden excursion lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- As there are muddy pathways and sloped parts in the garden, we recommend wearing comfortable, non-slip shoes.
- The garden would have just been planted in May.