SAFARI IN THE DOMINICAN HINTERLAND - with lunch
nähtävyyksien katselu, Kulttuurinen, Viihde, Meal included
Let us discover all sides of the Samaná peninsula: visit farms and try local products, relax on a fabulous beach and go swimming in the sea and under a waterfall, discover the secrets of Dominican cigars and enjoy a lunch with typical local dishes.
What we will see
- Inland excursion
- Visit to a farm
- Fruit and coffee tasting session
- Relaxation and swimming in Playa El Valle
- El Valle waterfall
- Cigar workshop
- Local ranch and Dominican lunch
What we will do
- Our safari in the Samaná hinterland starts at the port where we meet our guide and get into an open-top safari bus.
- We drive along the main tarmac road and proceed with our thrilling offroad tour through the small lively villages.
- We make our first stop in a typical local farm growing exotic fruit and coconuts with coffee and cocoa plantations. The guide will illustrate the cultivation, harvesting and distribution process and we can also try some excellent fresh fruit and freshly-ground coffee.
- Our next stop is Playa El Valle, an unspoilt white sandy beach where we get the chance to explore small enchanting caves and dive into cool water pools created by underground springs.
- We get back on our safari bus and head to the gurgling El Valle waterfall where we can go for a swim in the natural pool.
- We then stop at a cigar workshop to observe how the famous Dominican hand-made cigars are manufactured.
- We end our excursion in a typical local ranch where we enjoy an excellent Dominican lunch and have some free time available to browse for souvenirs before heading back to the port.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Children under the age of 6 are not allowed on this excursion.
- The means of transport may not be air conditioned.