#COSTAGRAMMER TOUR AT PALMA
nähtävyyksien katselu, Kulttuurinen
We pick up our cameras as real influencers to capture the essence of Palma. An innovative stimulating excursion for those who love to share their emotions with their dear ones and, why not, be the envy of followers!
Become a true #costagrammer: upload your best shots using the #costagrammer hashtag and don't forget to tag our official Instagram @costacruisesofficial !
Adagio Tour is an experience created in collaboration with Costa Crociere Foundation and Aism to meet the needs of guests who would like a “slower” pace to better savour the stops and their sights on itineraries with minimum architectural barriers. The 'Adagio Tour' version of this excursion is available exclusively on Costa Diadema.
What we will see
- Castillo Bellver
- Paseo Maritimo, Jaime III, Paseo del Borne, Parc del Mar (panoramic)
- Catedral de Santa María de Palma de Mallorca
- Old Palma and Town Hall
- La Lonja
What we will do
- We take out our cameras ready to capture the spirit of Palma and create a true social photo feature.
- We leave the port behind us and set off on our excursion along the seafront on a panoramic road from which we take in the city’s harbour and skyline in the distance - an unmissable occasion to capture this breathtaking scenery on camera!
- We then
reach Castillo Bellver, built by
King James II of Mallorca at the beginning of the 14th century as a defensive
structure and royal residence. It is one of the greatest examples of Gothic
civil architecture in Mallorca and the only circular castle in Spain. What is
more, thanks to its elevated position, it offers spectacular views of Palma. Will we manage to capture all
its charm in a single picture?
- After a panoramic route along Paseo Maritimo, Jaime III and Paseo del Borne, we cross Parc del Mar with its artificial pond to finally reach the famous Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, known as “la Seu” and restored by Gaudì in the early 1900s. This cathedral’s unique characteristic is Ojo del Gótico, the rose found on the main façade which is one of the largest in the Gothic style found in Europe - we cannot help ourselves but snap a few photos!
- We then venture into Old Palma to see the historic City Hall as well as plenty of local shops, lively cafés and many original curiosities ready to be photographed!
- Before going back to the ship, we have time to take one last photo of the Lonja, the old market now home to a contemporary art museum and a rare example of Gothic civil architecture.
- Our excursion has come to an end: we return to our ship ready to post all the emotions we have enjoyed, which will be forever etched in our memories and available on our photo gallery.
What you need to know
- To reach the cathedral, visitors have to climb approximately 100 steps.
- Disable guests need to be
escorted by an accompanying person.
- For those guests with wheelchair, the reservation of the ADAGIO TOUR need to be done exclusively through your cruise reservation agent.