DUNN'S RIVER FALLS AND SEGWAY ESTATE TOUR TO PROSPECT PLANTATION
naturalistinen retki, Viihde
An intense tour combining adventure and history upon a unique and emotional experience by firstly climbing Dunn's River Falls and then visiting, on the segway, an 18th Century plantation to explore the events which have shaped Jamaica's history.
What we will see
- Dunn's River Fall and Caribbean Sea
- 'Prospect Plantation': plantation, garden, main building, Farmer Joe, deconsecrated chapel
- Camels of Camel Park
What we will do
- After a short journey by coach with air-conditioning, we will arrive at the famous and spectacular Dunn's River Fall which are waterfalls against giant rocks in the shape of steps. Under the watchful eye of our instructor an exciting adventure awaits us: a climb up the limestone step terraced rocks, the 'fresh and clear waterfall' at a height of approximately 180 metres, the impetuous waters of which rush into the unspoilt Caribbean Sea.
- After this refreshing experience, we will head to the 'Prospect Plantation', an 18th Century plantation. Upon arrival in this green oasis, we will hop on-board a segway, an environmentally-friendly mode of transport, and after having listened to the necessary information and put on the safety helmet, we will set off on our exploration of one of Jamaica's oldest plantations.
- The expert guide accompanying us on this journey will inform us of the history behind this marvellous plantation, the people who once lived there and the plants who adorned it and which we can admire during the segway tour, during which we will take breaks for photographs.
- Once we reach the main building encircled by a green garden, we will briefly hop off the segway and freshen ourselves up with a little water and admire the breathtaking views of the tropical forest.
- We will hop back on-board and head to 'Farmer Joe', a nice Jamaican who astounds us when he climbs a coconut palm tree almost 9 metres tall.
- We will continue on our tour and visit the plantation deconsecrated chapel, dating back to 1969, the panels, seats and design of which, were made from wood found in the actual plantation.
- The last stop on our tour is Camel Park, where we can admire and photograph some great camels. We will return to the ship after this unforgettable experience.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- The excursion is not recommended for people with neck or back problems, those with heart and/or breathing problems and those who have recently undergone surgery.
- This excursion is not recommended to pregnant women.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- For participants who wish to climb Dunn's river falls, we recommend wearing sturdy shoes with rubber soles or that you bring a spare pair of shoes with you.
- It is not mandatory to buy rubber shoes. It is possible to hire rubber shoes and lockers (not included in the price of the excursion) directly at Dunn's River Falls.
- There are stairs at Dunn's river falls for those who do not wish to climb up the river falls or get wet.
- Before setting off on the excursion, participants will be asked to fill in a release form in English.